Posting CasP Essay Prize Paper WIP pieces

For a general discussion of topics relating broadly to power and political economy (e.g., capital-as-power, Marxism, neo-classical economics, institutionalism).

Moderator: sanha926

Posting CasP Essay Prize Paper WIP pieces

Postby stanr » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:07 pm

Howdy. I'm freshly registered, but I've lurked for a bit.

I would like to start posting material from my work-in-progress essay contest paper, but I'm wondering if that would be frowned upon. I noticed that the FAQ about the judging mentions blind judging, but it will be pretty obvious that I wrote it if I post WIP material here. Then again, it had to be obvious in past years for some of the winning papers, given the topics and writing style.

Basically I'd prefer not to disqualify myself, but I'd like to get some of the material into the open as soon as possible. Go or no-go?

Cheers.
stanr

Re: Posting CasP Essay Prize Paper WIP pieces

Postby jmc » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:15 pm

Hey Stanr,

Thanks for joining after spending time as a lurker.

My recommendation would be to contact Tim DiMuzio, who is the editor of ReCasp. We certainly would like to have you share your work on this site, but an email to him could answer if there would be a conflict with the judging process.

PM me if you need his email address.
jmc

Re: Posting CasP Essay Prize Paper WIP pieces

Postby stanr » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:24 am

The answer: posting is ok, and wouldn't be grounds for exclusion.

I'll leave this here so the question is publicly answered, or until it goes into some FAQ. (If it's even that important.)
stanr

Return to Political Economy