*Last month for nominations*
Sussex International Theory Prize
The Centre for Advanced International Theory<http://www.sussex.ac.uk/cait> invites nominations for the 2013 Sussex International Theory Prize<http://www.sussex.ac.uk/cait/prize/2013call> for the best piece of research in International Relations published in book or article form in 2012. The recipient will be invited to present their research in a Public Lecture at the University of Sussex and will also receive £150 worth of books from Cambridge University Press and a two-year print and online subscription to International Theory.
In 2011, the Centre for Advanced International Theory (CAIT)<http://www.sussex.ac.uk/cait> was established by the Department of International Relations within the School of Global Studies, University of Sussex. The core mission of the Centre is to support and disseminate innovative fundamental research in international theory.
To this end, the Sussex International Theory Prize<http://www.sussex.ac.uk/cait/prize> is awarded annually for the best piece of innovative theoretical research in International Relations. Last year's Prize was awarded to Helen M. Kinsella (University of Madison-Wisconsin) for her book, The Image Before the Weapon: a Critical History of the Distinction between Combatant and Civilian (Cornell University Press, 2011).
In the autumn of 2013, the prize will be awarded for the best piece of research published in book or article form in 2012.
* The work should be in International Relations, broadly conceived - including sub-fields
* The work must have been published in 2012: judged by copyright date
* The award is made annually on the basis of nominations by individuals, publishers and peers.
* Nominations should take the form of a statement of less than 200 words on why the work could be considered the best piece of innovative theoretical research in International Relations, from the previous year.
* Nominators (including publishers) are limited to one submission.
* If the nomination is for an article, the published version should be attached as a PDF document to the email nomination
* If the nomination is for a book, it is the nominator's responsibility to contact the publisher and request that five copies of the title be sent by the nomination deadline to Centre for Advanced International Theory, Department of International Relations, University of Sussex, Falmer, East Sussex, BN1 9SJ, UK.
* Nominations can be made by email submission through to 2nd April 2013 to the CAIT Administrator, Joanna Wood firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>. Nominated books must also arrive by this date.
* The recipient will be notified in June 2013.
* The recipient will be invited to present his/her research in the public Prize Lecture at the University of Sussex.
* The winner receives £150 worth of books from Cambridge University Press and a two-year print and online subscription to International Theory.
Centre for Advanced International Theory
Department of International Relations
University of Sussex